JARVICE Drop Storage Vault
The default storage area is available as /data in your application environment and is where Jarvice applications primarily read and write data. You can transfer files in and out of vaults.nimbix.net using an sftp client.
You can upload and download your data at any time whether you are running jobs or not, via Vaults, the Secure FTP protocol (SFTP) or using our Nimbix File Manager over HTTPS.
Using the Nimbix File Manager to move data over HTTPS
In order to use the Nimbix File Manager, please follow the quick and easy steps below.
- Login to the portal at https://cloud.nimbix.net.
- Click “Compute” in the top navigation bar.
- Scroll down to and click “Nimbix File Manager”.
- This will expand the application drop down. Click on “File Manager”.
- This will take you to a “Task Builder” screen. At this point unless instructed otherwise, please take all of the defaults, and click the green “Continue” button.
- After you click the “Continue” button, this will bring you to a “Confirm job submission” screen. Please click “Submit”.
- After clicking “Submit”, you see a “Job submission response”. Please click “Ok”.
- Once this is done, you’ll be returned to your Dashboard. After a few seconds, you’ll see a new job titled “Nimbix File Manager: filemanager”, please click on this next.
- Once you’ve clicked on this, you’ll now want to click on the green “Connect” button.
- A new browser window will appear, asking for a password. You’ll notice that user nimbix and the password is already filled in. Click the arrow to login.
- At this point you should now see the content of your /data folder. At this point you can now drag and drop files and folder from your local machine to your /data
Once you’re done moving data, you can go back to your Dashboard and click the “Shutdown” button, to stop the File Manager.
If you have any issues, please check out our recommended method of transferring data using SFTP:
Of course you can always reach out to Nimbix support by emailing email@example.com and we'll be happy to help!