A new ANSYS elastic licensing model has been put in place by ANSYS which will require a little bit of a different set up than we have used previously. Here is a quick rundown of how to get up and running quickly on Nimbix.
- First, you'll need to purchase the elastic licensing from ANSYS.
- Once purchased, ANSYS will provide you with an Elastic License Server ID & an Elastic License Server PIN. These are needed in order to connect and check out your licenses.
- Next, there are 2 ways to connect to your license server using the Elastic License Server ID & Elastic License Server PIN.
- When you begin to set up your job, click on the "OPTIONAL" tab at the top of the window and input both the ID and PIN in their respective fields (as shown below). Keep in mind this will need to be inputted each time you start a job.
- The other option is to open a support ticket with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your username and Elastic License Server ID and Elastic License Server PIN. Once we have those variables, we can create a variable that is permanently applied to your account. If you go this route, you won't have to input your ID and PIN each time you start a job.
Nimbix does not host these license servers or the licenses. If you need a change to your license or you receive any licensing errors when starting a job, you'll need to contact ANSYS as we do not have access to the license server itself. But, if you're unsure of the issue or have any additional questions, please reach out Nimbix support by emailing email@example.com and we'll be happy to help.